Today's Deal: 50% Off Membership to The Erie Canal MuseumErie Canal Museum
GO GET IT.
Don’t miss out!
Sign up to receive e-mail alerts
to be one of the FIRST in the know.
More Sweet Deals
STEEL THE DEAL
Take a walk on the Erie Canal and marvel at the eighth wonder of the world.
The Erie Canal Museum is, as the folksong says, a tribute from Albany to Buffalo. Housed in the country's only weighlock building, a structure where barges drifted in to be weighed and charged tolls, the museum celebrates the historic engineering feats of the canal.
With membership, you'll receive a museum newsletter, early notices about special events, invitations to member-only events, 10 percent off at the museum shop and discounts on special trips and programs. Plus you will be supporting America's heritage. Oh yeah, save the date! Your membership also includes a family pass to the Holiday Gingerbread Gallery that opens on November 23rd.
This deal will have you whistling while you work!
- The Erie Canal was the US's first major transportation system.
- The canal is 363 miles long running from Albany, NY to Buffalo, NY.
- It took eight years to complete construction, beginning on Independence Day in 1817.
- Just $25 gets you a family membership, a $50 value, or just $17.50 gets you an individual membership, a $35 value
- Learn, explore and enjoy the canal's history